Monday, September 29, 2008

psalms 6

psalms 6:2 - have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

nosebleed ako. an lalim nung english.. hehehehe... so for another look. i browsed my new king james version. (O Lord heal me for my bones are troubled.)

and looking at my new king james bible, the title of this song's chapter is "A prayer of faith in time of distress"

then also read, To the Chief Musician . With stringed instruments. On an eight stringed harp. A psalm of david.

- meaning when david sang this psalm, he is playing with a harp and he is troubled.

how many times do we feel weak? how many times we think that we cannot do anything because we are powerless? we cannot... and so we are down. we have no strength.

i too felt this a few weeks ago. i felt that i cannot do anything on my situation. i have financial concerns and i tried to do a solution on my own. i tried to look for another job. tried to sell my stocks. to withdraw my savings from the company.

but then, God's way is different. He reminds me that "Hey kid, I will provide, I will not leave you, will not forsake you. ;)".

and so, my financial concerns were answered and that I believed that God will be there for me in the coming months. He will provide me all the things that I need.

as to answer the prayer of David, read verse 9 which says "The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer".

Lessons learned.
1. when we feel we are weak, there is a God whom we can turn to.
2. we pray
3. believe that God will heal us, will answer all our prayers.

Thank you Lord for this wonderful psalm written by David, the man close to your heart. :D

-- PJ

No comments: